Friday, February 27, 2009

Our Monarch Butterflies.

First the butterfly lays an egg. We didn't get to see this bit but Van brought us two caterpillars for our Swan Plant.


This is one of our caterpillars and it has been eating our swan plant and its been getting fatter.


Here are our two caterpillars which have joined to the leaf ready to form a chrysalis.

The caterpillar is in its chyralis.



We can now see the colours of the butterfly coming through the chrysalis.

The chrysalis has opened and out come our butterfly.



The butterfly is trying to dry its wings and circulate its blood.

Our butterfly has flown out of the classroom to the big wide world.


It looks really beautiful.
Take Care Room 3 butterfly.
BY ROOM 3


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Room 3
I am Karen, Miss T's Aunt in Auckland! I love looking at your Blog page and reading your fabulous stories and poems. Thank you for sharing them. It is lovely to see your Monarch butterfly too. My swan plant died this year so I didn't have any butterfly's. But now I can look at your pictures. I wonder what you will grow next!