Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Athletics Day

On Tuesday 8, 9 and 10 year olds were involved in Athletics.
9 children from Room 3 were involved.
Some of the events we competed in were sprints, high jump, long jump, distance and target.
There were 8 schools who came to our Athletics day.


This is 9 schools running in the sprints.





This is some of the Room 3 boys lining up for their turn in the sprints.



This is Liam waiting for his turn in the sprints.



This is the girls lining up for their event. Great to see everyone is wearing a hat!


At the end of the day we got to do Relays and the rest of our class came out to watch and cheer us on!
In relay one, we came second. In relay two, we came FIRST!!!
I felt excited because I was in the relays. By Jan
I felt amazing because it was fun competing. By Grace.
I was amazed at how many schools were there competing. By Taylah.
I felt happy because I was at the front of my relay team. By Zara.
They looked awesome in their relays. I felt happy when I was cheering them on. By Robert



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was very PROUD of all of the children in Room 3 who competed in the Athletics Day. You were awesome. Also congratulations to my little runners who were in the Relay Team. My golly can you guys run fast. You are all terrific.
Mrs P